If you are like most consumers you do not think about the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be good to understand how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Guthrie Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you might need to understand concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-have kitchen appliance for many years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, in order to prevent spoiling and limit the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by distributing the warmth from the inside of the unit to the exterior, relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Guthrie Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the rear exterior panel of the appliance and is there to disperse the warmth built-up from inside the refrigerator out to the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is attached on the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat contained within it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the unit.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it is time to call a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting the cooling period when needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in CITY for service the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within a refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to start, and the next cool down begins. The unit draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit directs the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and returns back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the coils within the appliance and freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from inside the appliance, reducing the temperature back to the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from one location and transferring it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, creates a safe space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Guthrie Appliance Repair.
Guthrie Appliance Repair will repair nearly all standard brands of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in CITY are trained to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart functionality and countless other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Guthrie Appliance Repair